Windows 10 was released Today for the world to download to update/upgrade from Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 to Windows 10, but sadly windows made
the update to be downloaded in batches some people like myself do not want to wait and wanted to download it NOW and I found a way via redmondpie, the steps are simple and easy I tested this on 3 devices running on Windows 8.1
- Be Sure you have already reserved your Windows 10 Update / Upgrade
- Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ( Delete everything inside that folder )
- Go to Windows update settings, and change it to install updates automatically ( You can reach Windows update by click Windows key + Q, Then type windows update then click on change settings on the left bar ) or by going to control panel and choosing Windows Update.
- Open/Run CMD in Administrator mode ( To get to CMD, Click on Windows key + Q, Then type CMD and right click and select run as Admin.
- Type in CMD this: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
- Wait a few minutes, then go to to Windows Update and click check for updates and then you will see Downloading Windows 10.
Note : I am still downloading it, it's a slow download .
Edited by Salue